A Great Tool For Teaching Basic Money Management Concepts!
Use a youth account as a tool to help children understand basic money management by setting goals, keeping records and tracking their progress. This experience can pave the way for good financial habits when they become young adults.
Youth Savings Account*:
- For ages newborn to 17
- Enjoy a higher promotional savings rate!
- Striving for Excellence Reward
Receive $2 for every “A” on your child’s report card
Eligibility for Striving for Excellence Reward:
- 17 years of age or younger
- TXDPSCU youth savings account
- Reward applies to basic academic course only (Math, Science, English, History)
- Copy of report card within a month of issue
Youth Checking Account:
- For ages 13 to 17
- Online banking tools
- E-Statements, E-Notices, E-Alerts
- Debit Card (Guardian’s permission required)
Has a lower daily withdrawal limit for security purposes and a parent's “peace of mind.”
Open an Account:
- Youth accounts must be opened with a guardian.
- Social Security numbers are required, as with any account for any age.
* One savings account per youth under the age of 18. Higher promotional interest is earned on balances up to $500. For balances over $500, the first $500 will earn the higher promotional rate while the overage difference will earn at the regular savings rate. Promotional interest rates may change without notice. Striving for Excellence Reward eligibility requirements may change without notice.
Make Saving Easier
For assistance in saving for that something new, have Texas DPS Credit Union automatically transfer
money from your checking to savings. A little at a time can add up to something big.
Your Money is Well Insured
Your accounts at Texas DPS Credit are protected with a high standard. With coverage from National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and Excess Share Insurance, your money is covered up to $500,000
Manage your account and pay bills securely from the comfort of your own home with Online Banking
and Online Bill Pay
. Safe, secure, and makes banking so much more convenient!